Outpatient Services, located at 303 George Street in New Brunswick, NJ, is a community-based outpatient program addressing the ongoing needs of women and men recovering from substance use disorders. After completing the residential program at the Center for Great Expectations, local graduates are referred to Outpatient Services. The program also accepts clients from neighboring communities, as well as referrals from other agencies. Outpatient treatment focuses on early and sustained recovery, co-occurring mental health disorders, relapse prevention, and parenting and life skills, through case management and peer support.
Outpatient Services provides:
- Gender-specific treatment for substance use disorders
- Individualized treatment and flexible levels of care to address the specific needs of each client
- Counseling by highly qualified master’s level clinicians, certified alcohol and drug counselors, and peer specialists
- Psychologic and psychiatric evaluation
- Psychopharmacologic treatment and management
- Community outreach and follow-up through peer specialists
- Ongoing life skills instruction
- Education to increase self-awareness of HIV and Hepatitis C risk factors and increase ability to adopt HIV/HepC risk-reduction strategies
- HIV and HepC testing and referrals for appropriate medical care as needed
Treatment is provided at three levels of care: Early Intervention, Outpatient Services, and Intensive Outpatient.
For more information, or to enroll in treatment, contact our Outpatient Program Manager at (732) 993-6403.