Volunteers are the heart and soul of the Center.
The Center is always in need of caring and dedicated volunteers with a variety of interests and skill sets. Choose from roles as diverse as handyman, fundraiser, and yoga instructor. All are equally important, as all support our residents during their stay.
In-Kind Office Volunteer
– Assist in sorting and cataloging donations
– Fulfill weekly client & staff requests
– Prepare for birthdays, baby showers and special in-house events
Daytime House Presence
Hospitality – answer door and phone; maintain an emergency presence
Tutoring; allied therapies including music, art and pet therapy
Assist in food bank pickups to assists mothers and children in our supportive housing program.
Office and Administration Support
Database maintenance; Advertising, public relations & social media
Katy’s Place Helper
Assist staff as needed in our daycare.
Fundraising and Friend-raising
Start a “Friends of the Center” group
Help recruit volunteers
Be an ambassador for the Center at your Office, House of Worship or Community Group
– Connect us with possible grants/outreach
– Sign CGE up for matching gifts
– run a critical “Needs List” drive
Repairs, carpentry, gardening, spring cleaning, painting, errands
5K, Golf Outing, Gala Committee, Moms and Babies Brunch
Consider running your own event to help the Center
– Tennis, bowling, wine/food tasting are just some ideas
Share your talents
– Bake and deliver a birthday or graduation cake
– Cooking, sewing, yoga, scrapbooking, knitting, crocheting, jewelry making etc.
– Professional hair, facials, manicures
Please Contact Noreen Whittemore, Community Outreach Manager – Volunteers & InKind Donations(732) 247-7003, x325 firstname.lastname@example.org